We want you to “GET ON BOARD” so much so we are offering the best deals on the bay.
4 hour $260
6 hour $360
8 hour $400
Queenscliff Boat Hire offers you the latest performance hire boats on Port Phillip today. Our modern boats boast the latest Honda 4 stroke engine technology & are highly equipped to get you out on the water fishing, snorkelling, diving or just cruising around, and without looking like a mobile billboard for a boat hire company either!
To book simply call 5258 5459 and one of our helpful staff will get you on the water in no time.
Why choose Queenscliff Boat Hire?
Queenscliff Boat Hire is operated by Queenscliff Harbour Pty Ltd so you can be assured you are in experienced hands. Our fleet is the most modern boat hire fleet operating in Victoria today, with each vessel well equipped with:
- Lowrance Depth sounder & fish finder
- Lowrance GPS Chart plotter & EPIRB
- Interior lighting & windscreen wipers
- Lockable cabin with a marine toilet
- Our boats have their own marina berths, so you don’t have to worry about launching
On arrival and after check in you will be thoroughly briefed on the safe operation of the boats controls and safety equipment. Our helpful staff will also discuss your travel and activities planned for the day, providing insight and local knowledge based on your interests to make sure that you get the most from your day on the water in the safest possible way.
New customers will also get the benefit of a handling tutorial ‘away’ from the dock whereby you will get to put the boat through some close quarter manoeuvring techniques under the instruction of our skilled staff, so you feel confident and prepared right from the very start.
Like a hire car when returning our vessels you will be charged for fuel used during your hire, being fuel efficient the average refill is between 20-40 litres
Length: 5.8 metres Beam: 2.5 metres Draft: 0.53 metres Engine: 115HP (100KW)
Capacity: 5 Adults EPIRB: Yes Hull: Aluminium Cabin: Yes
Where to find us Click on image for larger map
What to do
Being located at what we reckon is the best part of the bay, presents endless opportunities, from Fishing, Diving, Snorkelling, Picnicing to Sightseeing. We highly recommend you plan your trip for the day, as our boats can cover an immense amount of ground at 20kts, so you’ll have ample opportunity to cram loads of great activities into your day. Here are few suggestions to get you started.
There are plenty of places to drop anchor and take in the scenery while enjoying a picnic out on the bay. You can even wade ashore at places like Point Nepean and enjoy a BBQ at the picnic area located in the old Quarantine station.
The most popular species fished in Port Phillip include snapper, flathead, whiting, bream, gummy shark, squid and garfish.
- Prime locations for King George Whiting are between St Leonard & Prince George Banks, particularly at Grassy Point and Governor Reefs.
- The channels off St Leonards are home to both snapper and flathead.
- Point Richards off Portarlington is a hotspot for whiting especially during the warmer months.
- Good snapper fishing can be found 3 km north of Port Richards channel, particularly between Beacon No. 3 and 5.
- Curlewis Bank is a popular whiting ground.
- Squid are also plentiful in early Spring; Ideal locations are flat reefs with good weed cover in 3-4m of water. Best catching areas at Queenscliff, Point Lonsdale and Point Nepean.
- Fishing licences are available online here: DEPI FISHING LICENCES
Swim and Snorkelling
Port Phillip has some amazing marine parks and structures that offer some of the best diving and snorkelling in the world. Places like Popes eye, Point Nepean and Portsea hole are all highly recommended. If you are interested in in taking a look below we recommend paying a visit to the following websites.
Water birds are plentiful as Queenscliff is an important feeding ground for waterbirds and migratory waders. The Mud Islands, off Sorrento, are an important breeding habitat for white-faced storm petrels, silver gulls, Australian pelicans and Pacific gulls. A variety of seabirds, such as Australasian gannets can be found nesting on artificial structures in the bay.
Seals, Dolphins and Whales can also be spotted on your travels, it’s important to remember to keep a safe distance from them at all times. The fur seal colony can be found at Chainman’s hat and is well worth a look.
What should you bring?
- BOAT LICENCE (Mandatory)
- Sun protection – Hats, Sunscreen, Sun tops, zinc are highly important as the sun is at its strongest when you on, or in the water.
- Swimming gear & towels
- Diving & Snorkelling
- Fishing Gear
- Refreshments & food