Boat owners and holidaymakers staying in Queenscliff needing to ‘escape’ for a few hours to do some work have been filling the desks of the Business Hub at Queenscliff Marina over the summer.
Owner Arash Harandian says he has had an influx of boaties and people on holiday in the area visit the Business Hub to catch up on work in a quiet space away from the family holiday environment.
“These are people who are either staying on their boat at the marina or in one of the many holiday accommodations around town who need to take a break to get some work done during their family holiday,” he said.
“It’s not easy to concentrate when everyone is having a fun time and making noise, and the Hub offers a retreat in a sense for people to focus on their work for a few hours and not interrupt their family holiday.”
Arash said boat owners are also eligible for a discounted rate when they show their receipts to the team at the Business Hub. Find out more here.
He said demand for a space like this for those on holiday is so great that he has just announced a new partnership with Lorraine Golightly and the team at BIG4 Beacon Resort Queenscliff to be the Resort’s official Business Hub for their guests.
According to data from the Borough of Queenscliffe, the population of the town booms from 3000 residents to more than 17,000, so it’s no wonder there are people looking for a space to clear a few emails before getting back on board to head out for an afternoon fishing or socialising with friends.
The Business Hub offers many features including:
- Affordable desk hire on an hourly, weekly or annual basis thanks to two permanent premium spaces, nine dedicated desks and 15 casual spots
- Professional 18-seater boardroom and five private spaces to meet clients
- Standalone event space that can cater for a 50-person seminar room with state of the art technology to host workshops and seminars
- High-speed internet, printing and ergonomic desk setup
- Regular on-site training and collaboration sessions
- Incredible views overlooking the marina
The Business Hub is developing its upcoming program of training and networking events for 2018. Check out the website here and sign up to the enewsletter for updates.